Using a central directory for cygwin installation

jurgen.defurne@philips.com jurgen.defurne@philips.com
Tue Mar 25 14:54:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

I am planning a centralisation of my cygwin environment.

Now I have three servers with each their separate cygwin installation.
I would use our Solaris server together with Samba to create a share
on which the cygwin tree would be maintained.

I am now testing the mount command, and when I try to do

mount '\\beb0628\buildpc' /mnt/tst

I get

mount: /mnt/tst: permission denied

or is <win32path> only a path with a drive letter ?
I can do "ls '\\beb0628\buildpc'" though, so
cygwin understands that kind of information.

Regards,

Jurgen