Determining the location of a Cygwin installation

John Dallaway jld@ecoscentric.com
Wed Mar 26 18:55:00 GMT 2003

I need to determine the location of an existing Cygwin net installation
programatically. More precisely, I need to determine the native path to the
directory containing cygwin1.dll from outside the Cygwin environment. I
could interrogate the registry for mount points, but in the worst case I
would have to look under both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE for
both the "/bin" and "/" mount points. Is there a more robust method?

John Dallaway