Corrected: setup.exe beta (testing needed - really!)

Robert Collins rbcollins@cygwin.com
Wed Mar 26 22:59:00 GMT 2003

Max Bowsher wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 02:24, Vince Hoffman wrote:
>>
>>>Havent a clean system to try a full install. however on running it to
>>>upgrade/add packages  the first run crashed .
>>>on the second run all was fine and componants were added/updated
>>>perfectly. I tried running a few more times to reproduce the crash and
>>>on average about one in 5 times (very rough average) it crashed.(see
>>>attached drwatson crashlog) for log of 2 of these crashes.
>

> I'm getting this too - but only on my desktop - not my laptop.
>
> Crash frequency is only 1 in 20, as well.
>

>>Ok, well this is 'not good' :}.
>>
>>At what point does it crash?
>

> Before the splash page appears.

Ah. Can you reproduce it under gdb? If not, can you generate the line
numbers from the addresses in the backtrace (hint: fire up gdb, load the
.exe that you used to provoke the problem, and then
list *0x000223344 )

Cheers,
Rob