Failed non-blocking connect returns incorrect errno on AF_UNIX protocol

David Huang hzhr@linuxforum.net
Thu Mar 27 05:08:00 GMT 2003

Steven O'Brien wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 08:48:33AM +0800, David Huang wrote:
>
>>Failed non-blocking connect returns incorrect errno on AF_UNIX
>>protocol.
>

> I think it is unlikely that the app really needs the connect() call to
> be non-blocking (otherwise it would have to handle the in-progress
Well, bingo, linc(cleanup.c) use code like this.
> case). So a simple solution in most cases is to do the connect() first,
> then the fcntl(fd, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK) so that data transfer is
> non-blocking.
Aha! Follow your hints, i modify the code, looks like linc-cleanup-sockets works
a bit correct. And I remove fcntl(fd, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK) code, get the same result.
But, what's the different between these?

> Regards,
> Steven
Thanks.