Mozilla 1.3 built on cygwin?

Gareth Pearce tilps@hotmail.com
Thu Mar 27 08:57:00 GMT 2003

> Off the top of anyone's head, is there any major reason why it should not
> build?

Theres a few assembly bits that (from my experience attempting to port it to
alpha OSF/1 - with gcc 3.3) - I would be a bit worried about possibly -
although possibly a non issue since this is x86.
When I last tried to build mozilla on cygwin (a long time ago) - the first
issue i ran into was the fact that cygwin has brackets in uname output...
and mozilla wanted to pass part of the output to gcc in a -D - and it didnt
quote it enough.

Theres probably not Major issues - but probably many hundreds of small ones.
Its a reasonably big piece of code after all.

Gareth