Fw: Please help. gcc 3.2.2 configure problem or what?

Joakim Olsson joakim.h.olsson@home.se
Fri Mar 28 08:00:00 GMT 2003

Hi again

> I build gcc 3.2.2 with the --suffix option (see the gcc readme file) under
Cygwin last month and it worked fine.
> Alan Thompson

I think my problem has something to do with mingw32 and windows gui support.

I managed to build a gcc 3.2.2 and enable language Ada, c, c++, java, objc
and it seems to work.
The problem starts when I try to link a program that has a gui.

I can't find --suffix option, if you mean --program-suffix option shouldn't
my --prefix work simular?

> >$ gcc -v
> >Reading specs from
> >/usr/local/gcc-3.2.2/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.2.2/specs
> >Configured with:
>
>../gcc-3.2.2/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-3.2.2 --enable-languages=ada
,
> >c,c++,f77,java,objc
> >Thread model: single
> >gcc version 3.2.2

> >$ gcc --version
> >gcc (GCC) 3.2.2
> >Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> >This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
> >warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.

Please help, is there a HOWTO on configure & build gcc in Cygwin?

best regards
/joakim olsson
SWEDEN