undefined reference to ___assert, _impure_ptr, etc.

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Mon Mar 31 16:42:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Brian Warner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Cygwin for compiling the Xerces-C library for MinGW. My program
> used the gcc 3.2, and there were no problem, but now I use the gcc 3.2.2 for
> my program, so I need to recompile the Xerces-X library too. But the gcc
> 3.2.2 doesn't exist for Cygwin, so I compiled it with the source on Cygwin,
> with the options --enable-threads=posix --enable-shared
> --enable-languages=c,c++. The compilation seems to be passed very well, but
> now when I want to compile the Xerces-C library, at link time, I've got
> several undefined reference errors such as ___assert, _impure_ptr,
> ___w32_sharedptr_unexpected, etc. Many of these error are related with
> libstdc++.a. And when I look in this file, I see the reference to these
> functions. So where can this problem come from ? Is my gcc 3.2.2 badly
> compiled ? I've seen there is a gcc-mingw, and its configure file is very
> different from "normal" gcc configure file. Have I to compile it with a
> configure file from the gcc-mingw version ?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Fabrice Louis.

Use "g++" to link C++ programs.  Otherwise, please post the exact compile
and link commands, and read <http://cygwin.com/bugs.html>.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II