Cygwin is VERY slow now

Shankar Unni shankar@cotagesoft.com
Fri May 2 16:19:00 GMT 2003

 >>"Q8114993"

Q811493.

And then Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> If there is a short-running command (e.g., ls, cp, id) that gets
> noticeably slower after the hotfix, an interesting piece of data would be
> the output of strace on that command, both with and without the hotfix.

The funny thing is that I have this hotfix on my WinXP Pro SP1 laptop,
and _generally_ things are fast enough, but _occasionally_ some small
command (e.g. diff of a couple of small files) will hang for about 10
seconds before executing.

(Immediately re-executing it seems to make it work OK, so I'm guessing
this may not really be Q811493 in action at all, but more likely
something like the gethostname() thing.  But I may still uninstall the
hotfix anyway, since I never run my laptop connected to a public
internet anyway..)
--
Shankar.