rxvt: cmd /c can hang the terminal

Damyan Pepper dpepper@climax.co.uk
Mon May 5 22:10:00 GMT 2003

If I type "cmd /c less" into rxvt then the terminal ends up in some kind of
strange hung state.  I'd expect it to display a message saying "Missing
filename ...".  Instead nothing is displayed.  If I type something then this
is echoed back when I press return.

If I hit control-c then my prompt returns, but rxt no longer responds to any
input, and no longer redraws itself.  Clicking on the close button brings up
the "This program is not responding" message.

This also happens with "cmd /c more".

"cmd /c cat" does what I'd expect except that control-d doesn't cause cat to
terminate.

The following commands seem to work ok:

cmd /c ls
cmd /c pause

This happens using Windows 2000, cygwin 1.3.22.

Thanks,

Damyan.

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise expressly stated, this message does not create
or vary any contractual relationship between you and Climax Studios Ltd.
The contents of this e-mail may be confidential and if you have received it
in error, please delete it from your system, destroy any hard copies and
contact the originator of the email. In accordance with the
Telecommunications (Lawful Business Regulations) (Interception of
Communications) Regulations 2000 the Company reserves the right and, may at
any time, monitor and intercept (but not record) e-mails to establish if
they are relevant to its business.

 <<cygcheck.out>>