rsync over ssh performance problem in cygwin

Jim Kleckner jek-cygwin@kleckner.net
Wed May 7 21:42:00 GMT 2003

This sounds a lot like this topic described here:

My recollection is that rsync 2.5.6 didn't get the
cygwin patches for buffering applied, sigh.
Look here:
  http://pserver.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/rsync/#dirlist
for the code base and here:

http://pserver.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/rsync/patches/craigb-perf.diff?rev=1.1
for the buffering patches.

Since this file:
  http://pserver.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/rsync/fileio.c
still appears unpatched, this suggests that the
performance patches for cygwin still have not been
applied to the code base.

If you want to try out the version that I use with
the buffering patches, you can get it here:
  http://www.kleckner.net/rsync.tgz

I'll leave it there for a month or so.

Good luck - Jim