Greeting from William

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc.) lhall@rfk.com
Fri May 9 02:28:00 GMT 2003

xil358@mail.usask.ca wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I got couple of questions about Cygwin as the followings:
>
> 1. Does Cygwin support Windows applications, like Visual C++ 6.0 Graphics
> applications, GUIs?

Sorry, you need to be more specific than that.  Cygwin has nothing to
do with VC++ applications.  If you mean can you run these applications
from, say, the bash prompt, well then the answer is yes, of course.
Cygwin is not a Linux emulation environment.  All it's programs are
Win32 executables just like any other Windows applications.  But it's
unclear if that's the question you're really asking and I choose not
to conjecture any further about your actual question.

> 2. Does Cygwin support Commercial use, how much should one pay for your service?

Look at <http://cygwin.com/licensing.html>

Holliston, MA 01746