Wanted X, got Perl - operator error or prequisiste

Matthew O. Persico persicom@acedsl.com
Fri May 9 23:18:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 08 May 2003 22:32:46 -0700, Randall R Schulz wrote:
>Matthew,
>
>At 22:12 2003-05-08, Matthew O. Persico wrote:
>>
>>>The *.pl scripts in XFree86 mean nothing --- they are not needed
>>>for
>>>the normal operation of the X Server.
>>
>>Then I'll just whack 'em.
>
>Why? Why muck with files installed by a package you're using? Does
>there mere presence cause a problem? If so, how and why? They'll
>just
>come back when you update that package as the next release becomes
>available.

Because when I want to run Perl, I want ActiveState Perl 5.8.0 installed in C:opt\asperl and I don't want any chance of that not happening.  This is the
most mindless way of getting that to happen. And after supporting three (yes THREE) versions of Perl on multiple machines in different locations at
work (not I didn't set it up, I just inherited it and I'm working on fixing it ), the last thing I need is to cause myself ANY problems at home.

</ridiculous rant> :-)

Oh, and when I said "whack", I really meant "uninstall using setup.exe".

--
Matthew O. Persico