cygipc (and PostgreSQL) XP problem resolved!

Christopher Faylor cgf-cygwin@cygwin.com
Sat May 10 17:16:00 GMT 2003

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 09:56:11AM -0700, Dario Alcocer wrote:
>The reason I ask is that I've seen binaries compiled for an older
>cygwin1.dll run incorrectly or crash when dynamically linking against a
>new cygwin1.dll.

Then that is what we the computer biz call "a bug".

I don't recall anyone making the claim that we were perfect or that we
don't screw up.  However, we do try hard to maintain backwards
compatibility.  The 32->64 bit conversion is no exception.

cgf