Printable Copy Of The Cygwin Users Guide]

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Sat May 10 18:33:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> On Fri, 9 May 2003, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
>
> > On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 11:06:33AM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > [snip]

> > > I'm not too keen on pure TeX, hopefully someone will correct me if I'm
> > > wrong.  LaTeX, for example, uses the \textwidth and \textheight dimensions
> > > for the text size on the page, and \topmargin and \@themargin for the
> > > offsets from the top left corner of the page...
> > >
> > > I'll try to come up with a way to change those margins only for code
> > > listings (in a few weeks, though).  It would help if you send me
> > > (privately) the .tex file(s) used as input to pdfjadetex...
> >
> > I can do that, though like I said hand-editing the TeX source doesn't
> > scale.
>
> Oh, I wasn't planning to edit the TeX source; I was hoping to see what
> commands were used to typeset the code listings and maybe send in a chunk
> of the preamble that redefines them...
>
> I was also thinking about an environment that would wrap the code lines
> automatically, but that would probably take some more hacking...
>         Igor

Hmm, the source that Joshua sent me specifies explicit values for the
margins at the level of the TeX source, so my guess is that the XML schema
used to generate the TeX source would be the thing to change.  As I know
next to nothing about the XML schemas used by docbook/jade, either someone
else will have to do it, or it'll have to wait until I have the time to
learn the stuff (not soon).  I thought there would be some low-hanging
fruit there -- should have known better.  Sorry...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II