HELP: with sshd/multi-user

Randall R Schulz rschulz@sonic.net
Tue May 13 19:36:00 GMT 2003

Richard,

Getting help from a community of people communicating on a mailing list
is a two-way street. If you want help, you should expect to have to
play by the rules of the group.

Now I was wrong about the characteristics of your post (your cygcheck
output was attached, though not correctly attached), but it was an
innocent mistake in that I was misled by the behavior of my mail
software. I'll know not to make that mistake in the future.

But it is also true that you didn't play by the rules, because we
request that cygcheck output be attached _and_ that the attachments not
be placed in-line. It is up to you to accommodate that requirement,
even if it means changing the way you access email. It is entirely
appropriate for us to point out violations of our rules. (I can't
resist pointing out the analogy to the GPL enforcement issue here.)

And I can't say that I think your sarcasm is very helpful, either.

Lastly, I don't even know what to make of the statement "After all, it
just free software." Of what significance is that in this context?

Randall Schulz