cygpath : minor inconsistency in output

Michael Schaap cygwin@mscha.org
Thu May 15 22:21:00 GMT 2003

fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net wrote:

>(But it still seems not quite right to me: maybe I'm misunderstanding the
>question that cygpath actually poses, which is why these different responses
>to it seem, to me, to be inconsistent. Hence my earlier suggestion that
>"c:/Cygwin/" and "d:/" would be consistent with one another and seem to me
>to be responses to the identical class of question. As things stand, it's
>giving me grief.)

I'm sure this won't lighten your grief, but this _is_ in fact consistent
with UNIX-like behaviour:

$ cd
$ pwd
/home/mscha
$ cd /
$ pwd
/

so, changing it might cause even more grief.
(I'm sure a P to add an option to always include a trailing slash - -s,
-l, -a are taken, so perhaps -h, --slash? - would be TC. ;-) )

– Michael