ssh-agent eats 80% cpu time

Heinz Peter Hippenstiel hhippenstiel@gmx.net
Wed May 21 09:11:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

since a very few weeks I do have problems with some cygwin programs.
Especially the ssh-agent gives me a grief.
I had stackdumps from ssh-agent, xkbcomp and even Xwin - thoose stackdumps
seem to be gone by now.
My actual problem is that running a ssh-agent eats most of the cpu time. Not
enough, it doesn't really work so it's useless.

$ ssh-agent -s
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-Wyuk2504/agent.2504; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK;
SSH_AGENT_PID=2460; export SSH_AGENT_PID;
echo Agent pid 2460;

$ SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/ssh-Wyuk2504/agent.2504; export SSH_AUTH_SOCK;

$ SSH_AGENT_PID=2460; export SSH_AGENT_PID;

$ ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa
Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.

Running the ssh-agent with -d runs fine but the debug mode is no real
option. I freshly installed my cygwin twice but with no effect. I'm stuck.

Kind regards, Heinz Peter