ssh-agent eats 80% cpu time

Heinz Peter Hippenstiel hhippenstiel@gmx.net
Wed May 21 12:39:00 GMT 2003


Hi,

that's not it. I attached my "cygcheck -s -v -r" (see out.txt) ... thought I
did it initially.
Also I made a strace with and without debug mode for ssh-agent.
In debug mode it is waiting for some input after a few moments.
Last lines read
[...]
11430  825743 [main] ssh-agent 148 start_thread_socket: exitsock 0x358
  482  826225 [main] ssh-agent 148 start_thread_socket: stuff_start 0x22FD24
 1262  827487 [select_socket] ssh-agent 148 thread_socket: stuff_start
0x100F9BB4
  188  827675 [main] ssh-agent 148 select_stuff::wait: m 2, ms 4294967295

And here it is waiting - this is okay.
Without -d it is not waiting but waking up after a few moments and this
loops endlessly (see strace.txt). That's why it's eating up the CPU.
Question is why it is not waiting?

Kind regards, Heinz Peter
----- Original Message ----- 

> Hmm, works for me.  Multiple Cygwin DLLs on your system, perhaps?
> I suggest a quick look on http://cygwin.com/bugs.html.
>
> Corinna
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: out.txt
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20030521/b516cfa1/attachment.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: strace.txt
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20030521/b516cfa1/attachment-0001.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/


More information about the Cygwin mailing list