sshd on W2K with Mcafee Anti-Virus 7

Karl M karlm30@hotmail.com
Wed May 21 14:24:00 GMT 2003

Hi Michael...

I had the same problem on win2k and winxp. I was a long time McAfee 6
user...I just did not install the firewall. With McAfee 7, also without the
firewall, I had ssh problems (ssh-agent and I believe sshd). When I looked
at the logs and the source, I saw that McAfee was interfering with socket
connect operations (as I recall...it has been a while). McAfee technical
support was no help and I asked McAfee for a refund...they agreed to do so.

I am now a Norton user.

...Karl