Proftpd on non NT systems ?

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle@yahoo.fr
Wed May 21 21:52:00 GMT 2003

>     User               <insert your user name here>
>     Group              <insert your group name here>

Thanks, it starts. Silly me, I should have tried it myself. <g>
Great work.
I changed to user Sylvain and group all, since there is no group in
Win9x.

Security is a real pain on Win9x and older DOSes you know :))
> Note that I don't have access to 9x/Me, so someone who does is going
> have to debug this if the above doesn't work.
>
> Jason
I created the /home/ftp directory and put it some empty files.

But i cannot read anything, see this (I attached the log of proftpd)
command line : /usr/sbin/proftpd --nodaemon

C:\WINDOWS\Profiles\Sylvain\Mes Documents>ftp localhost
Connecté à ordi.
220 ProFTPD 1.2.9rc1 Server (ProFTPD Default Installation) [ordi]
Utilisateur (ordi:(none)) : anonymous
331 Anonymous login ok, send your complete email address as your
password.
Mot de passe :
230 Anonymous access granted, restrictions apply.
ftp> pwd
257 "/" is current directory.
ftp> ls
200 PORT command successful
450 : No such file or directory
ftp> cd ~
550 ~: No such file or directory
ftp>

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle at users dot sourceforge dot net) ICQ #170597259
No more War !

For the Law of Oil and Fire, Im an European that lives in France.
For all my Brothers and friends, Im a human living on Earth.