Setup.exe sugestion/annoyance

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc.) lhall@rfk.com
Thu May 22 02:52:00 GMT 2003

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Wed, 21 May 2003, Steve Fairbairn wrote:

How about a ticker line at the top and bottom of the Cygwin home page
that continuously scrolls a series of questions and answers ad nauseam?
Or maybe we need a Flash pane that would pummel folks with frenetic,
cascading questions and answers in multi-colored text in varying fonts
and point sizes?  That should be an attention grabber, no?  I'm sure it
will distract folks actually trying to *read* the web page but there can't
be more than 2 or 3 of those so it wouldn't be a big deal, right?

Oh and I don't think there should be more than 4 questions that comprise
this barrage.  I know it seems like a small number but if you review the
archives, I think you'll find that this will actually fill the need quite
well.  Of course, if that's overwhelming for some, we can have a "premium"
service that trims out the fat for a fee.

Wha'd ya think?

Holliston, MA 01746