Setup.exe sugestion/annoyance

Christopher Faylor cgf-rcm@cygwin.com
Thu May 22 19:59:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 09:47:37PM -0400, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc.) wrote:
>Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

I think this will definitely enhance the end user experience.  There's
nothing users like more than flashy, scrolly things.

I'll go you one better, though.  I think that the cygwin DLL should be
enhanced to provide similar functionality by default. It could open dialog
boxes with a "Did you know?" type question every time it was invoked.

This functionality would, of course, be under the control of the CYGWIN
environment variable setting "noreceivehelpful_hints" if someone wanted
to turn it off.

Here's the first hint:

Did you know?

receive is not spelled recieve?