behaviour of "for (( exp1; exp2; exp3 )); do COMMANDS; done"

Randall R Schulz rschulz@sonic.net
Tue May 27 18:12:00 GMT 2003

Peter,

Make sure your scripts explicitly state /bin/bash as their shell. The
default shell (i.e. /bin/sh) under Cygwin is ash, not BASH. It produces
the diagnostic you mention when given that command.

Randall Schulz