Cygwin gcc-3.3.1 and pragma interface/implementation statements

Milton Woods milton.woods@adelaide.edu.au
Wed Nov 5 05:33:00 GMT 2003

Greetings,

When building LyX version 1.3.x from source on Cygwin, I had problems
during the final link stage where gcc-3.3.1 reported some undefined
symbols. All of the 'undefined' symbols were actually defined in the LyX
source code, and the compilation proceeded without errors on Linux. I
found that the compilation was also successful on Cygwin once the
#pragma interface/implementation statements were removed from the LyX
source code. The LyX developers had taken reasonable care to protect the
#pragma statements from incompatible compilers by using "#ifdef __GNUG__
" wrappers, but that did not seem to be good enough.

Does this experience reflect a bug in the gcc toolchain? Or are the LyX
developers using #pragma statements incorrectly?

Milton Woods.