Multiple cygwins/ Distributing cygwin apps

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Fri Nov 7 16:05:00 GMT 2003

The correct solution for dealing with multiple cygwins on your system
is to remove all of the older DLLs.

If you have a distribution which distributes cygwin and that distribution
screws up an existing cygwin installation, then complain to the people
who provided the distribution.  Their installation software is broken.

To repeat:  There is no need to keep multiple versions of the cygwin
DLL on your system.

I'm closing this thread now.