gcc 3.3.1-3, loading .la files from gcj-compiled apps

Marcus G. Daniels mgd@santafe.edu
Fri Nov 7 21:40:00 GMT 2003

Tom Tromey wrote:

>Marcus> Would it be possible to add a -D_WIN32 to the libjava/libltdl
>Marcus> Makefile for Cygwin?
>
>It looks like it would be a bit more in line with existing code to
>just add it to libltdl/ltdl.h.
>
>Could you look at how the upstream libltdl handles it?  We
>occasionally talk about importing a new version, I wonder if that
>would fix this for you.

As of yesterday, I believe Charles Wilson has convinced the libtool
maintainers to install the needed patches.  It uses dlopen if it can,
and then falls back to LoadLibrary if that fails.