Segmentation fault with all c programs

Arash Partow arashp@hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 18:18:00 GMT 2003

I tried your code, it compiles and runs ok, there is no problem!
If i was you i would try the following:

1. make sure there is only 1 location on your pc where cygwin1.dll
   can be found, it should be cygwin/bin/cygwin1.dll + make sure
   you have the latest cygwin1.dll (1.5.5-1)

2. download the latest gcc and frontend (gcc 3.3.1-2 cygming release)

3. use -g in your compilation string then using gdb see where the
   program crashes

4. if all else fails try to give this ml more info about what
   the segmentation fault actually is, when a seg fault occurs
   gcc gives a 1 line description of what kind of seg fault it is...

Regards

Arash