Installer question

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Fri Nov 14 01:49:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:59:43PM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Anon Mouse wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>   Couple of comments on the installer:
>>
>>   - Does it have to be non-resizable?  It's REALLY a pain to keep
>> scrolling left-right-left-right in a 3-inch window
>
>Yes, it does.  The version of the installer currently distributed off the
>main Cygwin web site (v2.416) is non-resizeable and will forever stay that
>way[*].  There are a bunch of long discussions on both the main Cygwin
>list and the cygwin-apps list as to why it has to be so.

I thought we agreed that we'd change it to be resizable to a 3.1 inch window
if there was a lot of interest in that.  Then when everyone got used to that,
we'd make a 3.2 inch window available.  We'd time these carefully at six month
intervals so as not to alarm anyone.

Then by 2010 we'd have something like a 4.4 inch window available.

"A 4.4 inch window should be enough for anyone."

And you can quote me on that.

cgf