Plus sign '+' in file permissions

Derek Mahar DMahar@penson.ca
Tue Nov 18 16:07:00 GMT 2003

To what does the plus sign '+' refer at the end of the list of file
permissions in a Cygwin directory listing (for example, -rw-rw-rw-+)?
I'm unfamiliar with this permission since I've never seen it in either
Solaris or Linux directory listings.  Using bash or Windows Explorer,
how do I enable or disable this file permission?

Once or twice, after having changed NTFS file permissions, I've seen the
plus sign '+' disappear, but I don't know exactly how I did it, what
permission(s) I changed, or how to repeat the process.

Thanks,

Derek

Derek Mahar
Software Developer