Cwd::cwd() bug??? on Cygwin

Randy W. Sims RandyS@ThePierianSpring.org
Fri Nov 21 01:25:00 GMT 2003

On 11/15/2003 10:56 AM, Randy W. Sims wrote:
> Ok, this might in fact be a Cygwin problem. Cygwin & Cwd. The following
> produces the error "Usage: Cwd::cwd() at Module.pm line 6." under Cygwin

Ok, I finally had a chance to look into this one. Finding the problem
was easy, but I don't know the proper solution. The problem seems to be
that Module::Build call cwd() with the object syntax which passes self
as an argument. In the perl sources (cygwin/cygwin.c), the builtin cwd
does this check:

   if(items != 0)
     Perl_croak(aTHX_ "Usage: Cwd::cwd()");

and fails on Cygwin because apparently Cygwin is the only OS that
performs this check. What is the proper way to fix this? Is there a way
Module::Build could work around this problem?

Randy.