proftpd on cygwin

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Mon Nov 24 14:10:00 GMT 2003

Steven,

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 01:16:09PM +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
> Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net> writes:
> > On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 05:18:14PM +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
> >> any ideal?
> >
> > Read the README?
> >
> >     http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/proftpd/proftpd-1.2.9.README
>
> Thanks for your information.

You are welcome, but did you read (all of) it?  See below...

> After install the windows services, now I can start a proftpd daemon.
> But I have still not managed to login in a user.
>
> First, I tried login in as my currenty windows user, say Administrators,
> but get following error:
>
>   Could not read reply from control connection: Connection reset by
>   peerSleeping 19 seconds...

Does the following from the README apply?

    2. If users are in the local administrators group, then their
    primary gid must be 544.  Otherwise, login attempts will fail with
    the following error message in the ProFTPD log file:

        *** CreateFileMapping, Win32 error 5.  Terminating.

    See the following mailing list thread for the details:

Jason