Installation from locally stored packages

Colin Cotter colin.cotter@imperial.ac.uk
Wed Nov 26 13:55:00 GMT 2003

Hello cygwin experts,

    I'm probably asking too much, and so this email is probably
infuriating - so sorry in advance. I would very much like to the following:
(1) I have two computers, a networked desktop running Linux and an
un-networked laptop running Windows.
(2) I would like to install Cygwin on my laptop, ideally by downloading
files onto my Linux machine and writing them to a CD which could then be
transferred to the laptop. I know this is tedious but that's just the
way things are for me.

Is this possible in any way?

Any useful comments would be much appreciated - sorry if this question
has been asked before but I searched long and hard in the archive before
posting. A reference to a useful thread in the archive would be fine if
this is the case.

Thanks to all in advance and best wishes,

Colin Cotter