can't install or upgrade from local anymore (setup v. 2.416)

Urs Rau urs.rau@uk.om.org
Thu Nov 27 21:49:00 GMT 2003

I have been using setup.exe for months (years?) to "download from
internet" the files to a "local" network location and have always been
able to then "install from local directory" to other workstations
installing from local "root directory".
But recently it has stopped functioning. I can successfully download
from the internet but when I later try to "install from local directory"
  the installer goes and checks the md5 sums fo the local archives but
then at the end of that process the "next" button remains greyed out.

I have tried a few things, like deleting it all and starting from
scratch. but to no avail the result was the same.
Any ideas? I am running version 2.416 fo setup.exe BUT I am not sure if
I have ever run it successfully with version 2.416 or only with earlier
ones. Is this a common problem and is there any solution to this?

Many thanks to any pointers.

Urs Rau