Using authentication under Apache for Cygwin

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Wed Oct 1 06:55:00 GMT 2003


Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Perhaps you could try playing with the permissions on the .htaccess 
> file to see if you can reproduce the problem in your local directory. 
> If you manage to do that, you could see if this is a "smbntsec" issue.

Hmmm... As I said it appears to work in the local case. Or are you 
saying I should try to break that by playing with permissions? Are there 
any examples of "smbntsec" issues?

I mean I suspect that if I do something as small as remove read 
permission for other on .htaccess then the server will not be able to 
read the file thus it would break. But what would that tell me? What 
exactly am I looking for?

I may play with this as you suggest tomorrow at work. At home I don't 
use SMB for my web site - at least not yet.
===
Obligatory witty line: Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic



--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list