Cygwin/rsync Hang Problem Testing Results

Mark Thornton mark.p.thornton@ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 4 14:52:00 GMT 2003

Paul Thompson wrote:

> People of cygwin & rsync,
>
> I recently attempted to get cygwin and rsync working to solve a
> backup/mirroring need in my computer life. Well, as you might guess, I
> ran into a little but of trouble.

> So, based on my testing, I would conclude that the infamous cygwin
> rsync hang bug was introduced somewhere in the coding for 2.4.6. As
> for myself, I plan to go ahead and just use version 2.4.0, as it is
> the most recent version of rsync that worked for all three tests. If I
> can be of any more help, including testing patches, please let me know.

Can you suggest a download source for 2.4.0? I have only been able to
find 2.4.6, 2.5.6-1 and 2.5.6-2. By the way were either of your machines
dual processors (or hyperthreaded)?

Mark Thornton