postgresql setup on cygwin --- initdb fails

Terrence Brannon metaperl@urth.org
Sat Oct 4 16:08:00 GMT 2003

Jason Tishler wrote:

>Terrence,
>
>On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 07:33:57AM -0700, Terrence Brannon wrote:
>

>>IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=1, num=17, 03600) failed: Function not
>>implemented
>>

>Did you forget to start ipc-daemon2?

No, I didn't forget to read it... I just didn't know where to start with
getting Postgresql up and running... how was I supposed to know that
file existed? I mean this in all earnesty.

Is there a common protocol that I can use to be guided through the
initial usage phase of each module installed on my system? Ie, something
like

INIT --package=cvs
INIT --package=pgsql

or to find the user's guide for my installed packages?

>Please read the README:
>
>    http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.3.4.README

will do