Control-C terminates ssh session

Schulman.Andrew@epamail.epa.gov Schulman.Andrew@epamail.epa.gov
Tue Oct 7 19:07:00 GMT 2003

I'm using OpenSSH_3.7.1p2 under cygwin 1.5.5-1.  ssh works fine, except
that whenever I use Control-C to interrupt a running process, my ssh
session is terminated instead.  It's a real pain.

Does anyone know why this happens, or how I can make it stop?  I want
Control-C to be interpreted by the remote shell, not my local shell.

I looked through the cygwin list archives, and also comp.security.ssh
archives.  I found records of 2 other people asking this question within
the last year, but no one answered.

Any help appreciated.
Andrew.