Perl Tk in Cygwin (using X)

Gerrit P. Haase gerrit@familiehaase.de
Thu Oct 9 17:02:00 GMT 2003

Charles schrieb:

> Hi Gerrit,
>         Not quite there yet...

>         I went to '/usr/X11R6/bin'.  There is no file 'libX11.dll.a', but there
> is a 'libX11.dll', so I did 'ln -s libX11.dll libX11.a'.  I closed the
> window, opened a new bash session, and tried compiling.  I got the same
> error (below).

>         Did I pick the right directory?  Did I pick the right file?

No, look into /usr/X11R6/lib. we need the import libraries there and
don't link directly against the DLLs.  If you don't have the
importlibraries installed, do it at first.  libX11.dll.a and the others
are in the package XFree86-prog-4.3.0-7.

BTW, symlinks to DLLs are not working on Windows.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=