Is multithreaded profiling on cygwin possible?

Corinna Vinschen corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com
Wed Oct 15 10:44:00 GMT 2003


On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 05:57:31PM +0800, peter garrone wrote:
> Brian Ford wrote:
> >On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, peter garrone wrote:
> >> A list of active threads is maintained. A thread calling moncontrol(1) gets
> >> put in the list. When a call to SuspendThread fails, the thread is assumed
> >> to be defunct and taken off the list.
> >>
> >Seems reasonable.
> >
> >I guess I was originally thinking "just profile all threads all the
> >time", but I guess you method is more flexable.  That could
> >probably be an option somehow after you polish this up.
> 
> There is no other way to detect a dead thread. Nothing like "atexit" or
> anything I could find anyway in the win32 api, of which my experience
> is limited, and ordinary.

WaitForSingleObject and friends.  A terminated thread is in signalled
state.

Corinna

-- 
Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list