Passwordless login with ssh

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Fri Oct 17 02:57:00 GMT 2003


Andrew DeFaria wrote:

> Mark Priest wrote:
>
>> Andrew,
>>
>> I have a home directory with a space in it. The space appears in the 
>> directory name as well as in the entry in passwd. There is no problem 
>> supporting that in Cygwin. I had to create my home directories 
>> manually so you might want to try doing the same thing.
>
>
> I might want to try what same thing? Creating my home directory? I 
> assure you that /home/Andrew DeFaria exists. It has exists for quite 
> some time. By and large Cygwin's OK with it. Some things don't work 
> with it. ssh-user-config is just another one of those things...
>
> (I could remake my home directory to not have a space in it however 
> I'm of the opinion that since space is a valid character for a 
> filename that programs should be coded to handle such cases).
>
> Note I also tried:
>
> $ ln -s "/home/Andrew DeFaria" /home/Andrew
>
> and changing my home directory in /etc/passwd to /home/Andrew as well 
> as trying to use /home/Andrew~1 (the DOS mangled name for /home/Andrew 
> DeFaria) in /etc/passwd to no avail. 

Mea Culpa! I actually had two /etc/passwd lines with the same uid, one 
for Andrew and one for exim. The later was commented out (which I know 
isn't officially supported). ssh-user-config got confused when it had 
two /etc/passwd lines for a single uid.
-- 
Access denied--nah nah na nah nah!



--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list