Install problem

Peter Aarestad aarestad@netzero.net
Sat Oct 18 08:48:00 GMT 2003

Hannu E K Nevalainen wrote:
>  Hmmm... I've seen reports (can't remember where right now) about ZoneAlarm
> *not* obeying shut down requests... I wouldn't be too surprised if this *is*
> your problem.

Huh - never heard of that...

>  Judging from your description it could well be so.
>  Why don't you try www.ethereal.com (or some such) to see what really
> happens?

...maybe I'll give that one a try!

>  In other words, this really shouldn't be a cygwin related issue ;-)

You're almost certainly right. But I won't know for sure, because I
found that, shortly after I posted this, ALL of my Internet-related apps
suddenly stopped working (including Mozilla!), so I gave up and
reinstalled Windows. :-/ Ah well.

-peter