pwd option to return windows path

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Wed Oct 22 02:00:00 GMT 2003

Edward Peschko wrote:

> yeah, I did a little more mucking around and came up with cygpath. Its
> not the most obvious place to find that information though, nothing in
> unix screams out 'cygpath is what you want!!!'

Unix is a kind and polite OS. As such it does not scream at you! :-)

I've never found much In Unix screaming out any answers as a matter of
fact. Most of the time you have to search for them.

> since there *are* no unix analogs. I think that the same options that
> are on cygpath should also be on pwd; this might make things a little
> more user friendly.

But that would make pwd uncompatible.

BTW: Despite popular opinion Unix *is* a user friendly OS. It just needs
to determine whether or not you are worthy of being *ITS* friend! :-)
--
Where there's a will... I want to be in it.