Serious problem with win32 pthreads crashing and c++ class

Arash Partow arashp@hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 03:16:00 GMT 2003

Hi Robert,

>>The prototype initially creates 700 threads all of which are contained in
>>a vector (threadList), each thread does some "simple" string processing
>>(basically tokenize a string) and then exists. On completion of the
>>thread, the thread sets its own state in the thread-class to dead. Sounds
>>like you aren't harvesting the thread state.

forgive my arrogance, but could you please elaborate the meaning
of "harvesting the thread state" cause I do obtain the state of
the thread as being dead when the thread's execute function has
been completed. i don't think i can make any other assumptions
about the thread state. if you have the time could you please
have a little build of my code, its small and wont take much
time.

url: http://www.partow.net/downloads/thread-question.zip

any more advice would be appreciated.

regards

Arash

Be one who knows what they don't know,
Instead of being one who knows not what they don't know,
Thinking they know everything about all things.
http://www.partow.net