pwd option to return windows path

Christopher Faylor cgf-rcm@cygwin.com
Wed Oct 22 05:55:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 08:39:12PM -0700, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>Edward Peschko wrote:
>
>>The problem is, chris, that I have no way of telling what you will find
>>'off-topic' and what you won't.
>You could always ask...
>
>>One of my gut feels is that you find the whole idea of combining the two
>>projects together in any way 'off-topic'.
>>
>No need for gut feelings, I believe he already said it was off topic.

Since I asked for discussion about merging the two projects to be posted
here it would be hypocritical of me to say it was off-topic.

Talking about how great msys tools (sic) are is off-topic.  Generally
going on about the way mingw works is really pointless and off-topic.

At this point, it seems pointless in the extreme to still be complaining
about how the projects should be merged or how YA utility should be
MS-DOS aware.  I've never understood why people who receive consistently
negative reactions to their ideas still shoulder on in the face of
disapproval.  However, if I blocked people for sending pointless
messages here, the mailing list would be a wasteland (and maybe I'd have
to block myself as the first candidate).

As always, the best argument is source code.  If it materializes, it
will be interesting to see if it 1) shows up in the right mailing list,
2) has the proper formatting and changelogs, 3) has the appropriate
legal assignments, and 4) works correctly.

cgf