Export/Import cygwin installation config?

Xian bioboy@uga.edu
Tue Oct 28 22:28:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> So, why don't you do this? Why are you trying to impose your
>
>requirements on the project in general rather than coming up with a
>

>solution that works for you specifically?

True.  My apologies.

In light of your comments, I see that I have confused the installation
process with finished product, the latter which is (relatively) location
insensitive.

I read the user manual again more closely and found the answer in
chapter 2, section *Download Source*:  "The Download from Internet
option is mainly for creating a base Cygwin package tree on one computer
for installation on several machines with Install from Local Directory;"...

Might adding an item to http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_2.html#SEC8 "How do I
install cygwin on several machines?" highlighting both the above and
below comments prove helpful?

>The only tricky part that people invariably (and to me, inexplicably)
>stumble over, is making sure the mount table is properly duplicated.
>However, the "mount" program should get you over the hurdle nicely.

This makes sense.  Thanks for the tip.

-christian