sshd setup question
Dan Adams
dan@infochi.com
Wed Sep 3 01:21:00 GMT 2003
Larry,
here is the new transcript you asked for.
-----
dan@dan-infochi ~>cd /var
dan@dan-infochi /var>ls -l
total 0
drwxrwxrwx+ 3 ???????? Users 0 May 17 15:07 cache
drwxr-xr-x+ 2 dan None 0 Sep 1 14:32 empty
drwxrwxrwx+ 2 ???????? Users 0 Sep 2 16:29 log
drwxrwxrwx+ 2 ???????? Users 0 Sep 1 14:35 run
drwxrwxrwx+ 2 ???????? Users 0 May 17 15:07 tmp
dan@dan-infochi /var>chmod 744 empty
dan@dan-infochi /var>ls -l
total 0
drwxrwxrwx+ 3 ???????? Users 0 May 17 15:07 cache
drwxr--r--+ 2 dan None 0 Sep 1 14:32 empty
drwxrwxrwx+ 2 ???????? Users 0 Sep 2 16:29 log
drwxrwxrwx+ 2 ???????? Users 0 Sep 1 14:35 run
drwxrwxrwx+ 2 ???????? Users 0 May 17 15:07 tmp
dan@dan-infochi /var>chown SYSTEM empty
chown: `SYSTEM': invalid user
dan@dan-infochi /var>getfacl /var/empty
# file: /var/empty
# owner: dan
# group: None
user::rwx
group::r--
group:Administrators:rwx
mask:rwx
other:r--
default:group:Administrators:rwx
default:mask:rwx
dan@dan-infochi /var>
------
I did the same 'ls -l' items as before just so you knew the stuff is the
same as it was a few minutes ago. I appreciate all the help.
Dan Adams - dan@infochi.com
http://www.infochi.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Hall [mailto:cygwin-lh@cygwin.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 6:03 PM
To: Dan Adams; 'Cygwin List'
Subject: RE: sshd setup question
Don't use "root" (I know it mentioned it). Use "SYSTEM". If that doesn't
work, send the output of 'getfacl /var/empty'.
BTW, you don't need to reply to my address (it's faked anyway). I've
redirected all response to me to the list so I'll get it regardless.
Larry
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list