Strange cygpath/Perl 5.8 interaction?
Bakken, Luke
Luke.Bakken@getronics.com
Wed Sep 3 20:27:00 GMT 2003
lukeb@cbinfralxb ~
$ cygpath -w /c/temp | xxd
0000000: 633a 5c74 656d 700a c:\temp.
lukeb@cbinfralxb ~
$ echo "\"`cygpath -w /c/temp`\"" | xxd
0000000: 2263 3a5c 7465 6d70 220a "c:\temp".
lukeb@cbinfralxb ~
$ perl -e'$a=`cygpath -w /c/temp`;print "\"$a\""' | xxd
0000000: 2263 3a5c 7465 6d70 0a22 "c:\temp."
I'd say something was up with echo/bash, not with perl.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Garrison, Jim [mailto:jim.garrison@athensgroup.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 1:13 PM
> To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'
> Subject: Strange cygpath/Perl 5.8 interaction?
>
>
> In bash:
>
> $ echo "\"`cygpath -w /c/temp`\""
> "c:\temp"
>
>
> But in Perl:
>
> $a = `cygpath -w /c/temp`;
> print "|$a|";
>
> produces
>
> |c:\temp
> |
>
> I.e., Perl sees an extra \n at the end of the string. I looked at
> the source for cygpath and it doesn't seem to be adding a \n, so
> I suspect the problem is an unforeseen interaction between Cygwin
> and Perl's backtick operator. Can anyone shed light on this topic?
>
> Jim Garrison
> jhg@athensgroup.com
>
> --
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
>
>
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list