File path expansion problem (DLL version 1.5.3-1 and earlier)

Martin Maurer capiman@t-online.de
Thu Sep 4 07:59:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

when i call

myeditor.exe /etc/services

where myeditor is a win32 editor program, then i get a error messages
that the file

d:\cygwin\home\martin\tc\services

does not exist. I think there a two problems:

1) instead of ...\etc\... there is only ...\tc\...
2) etc directory is not in ...\home\martin...

Is this only a problem of my system, or also reproduceable on other systems
?

BTW: I am using default shell after installation, which i think is bash.
Got the same error on my previous version (perhaps two weeks old).

Greetings,

         Martin Maurer (MartinMaurer@clibb.de)