sshd "PrintLastLog yes"

Fermin Sanchez fermin@fermin.ch
Sun Sep 7 09:30:00 GMT 2003

Hello Corinna

> > I added/uncommented "PrintLastLog yes" in /etc/sshd_config and
> > restarted
> PrintLastLog defaults to yes so that shouldn't be necessary.

Yes, I just wanted to be sure.

> > Any hints where I should start looking (rtfm didn't bring
> > any results,
> > neither did a quick google).
> I'm using 3.6.1p2, too, obviously and I'm getting the last
> log message.
> Any chance you have a problem with /var/log/lastlog?  Did you
> delete it after starting sshd?  Permissions?

ls -l /var/log/lastlog shows:
-rw-r--r--    1 Administ Domain U        0 Sep  6 17:52 lastlog

I did a chmod 664 on /var/log/lastlog, now it works. Thank you again!
One good side effect: I'm going to put all this information into a "how
to install and run cygwin and sshd on a Windows Server 2003 Domain
Controller" ;-)

Cheers
Fermin