1.5.4s assertion "hsig_inited" failed
Rolf Campbell
Endlisnis@mailc.net
Mon Sep 8 20:45:00 GMT 2003
I started a large build, then hit ^Z. Then "fg", and this is what happened:
--------begin------------
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/base2/node/comp/DiagNodeScheduler'
make[2]: Entering directory `/c/base2/node/comp/equipConf'
[1]+ Stopped nice -20 make -rsw -C pload/SCC target
/c/base2/node> fg
nice -20 make -rsw -C pload/SCC target
assertion "hsig_inited" failed: file
"/netrel/src/cygwin-snapshot-20030908-1/winsup/cygwin/sigproc.cc", line 204
Signal 6
make[1]: *** [__build__equipConf] Interrupt
make: *** [bsp-CC8260] Interrupt
-----------end-------------
After the "Signal 6" line, some process (I killed it before finding out
exactly which process) was using 100% of the CPU until I hit ^C.
I have been unable to reproduce the problem. But, in my attempts, I
found a couple of other issuses. I should mention here that this build
system spends most of it's time running non-cygwin programs.
If I hit ^Z while a non-cygwin process is running, there seems to be
about a 50% chance of everything working as expected:
- after non-cygwin process finishes, return to shell, can rusume make
with fg.
But, the other 50% of the time, the cygwin processes stop, but the shell
does not present a prompt again. (running kill -CONT <make-proc>
<sh-proc> rusumes the build).
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: cygcheck.txt
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20030908/ce5b2315/attachment.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list